As well as informing you about the risks of working with asbestos, the course will deliver a lot more information about: Recognising asbestos, where it's used, minimising the risks and the legislation about working with asbestos.
Approved by IATP, CPD & IIRSM - Duration 65 mins* - £35.00
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you should be able to;
- Understand the risks of asbestos and who could come into contact with it.
- Know the properties of asbestos and the dangers it poses to your health.
- Understand what types of asbestos related illness there are.
- Know the different types of asbestos and where to find them.
- How to avoid asbestos and manage the risks of working with or near asbestos.
- Understand the legislation surrounding asbestos.
Who should take this course
This course is suitable for those who may be exposed to asbestos in their work or those who would like to increase their knowledge on the dangers of asbestos.
You do not need to have any previous experience or knowledge to undertake this course. This course does not allow you to remove or dispose of asbestos.
|Properties and risk of asbestos exposure
|Different types of asbestos
|Avoiding the risk from asbestos
|An outline of asbestos legislation
Each module will have a set of questions you must answer correctly in order to successfully finish that module.
You will be asked multiple choice questions and must achieve a pass mark of 100%. They are marked automatically as you progress so you will know whether you have passed the section before moving on to the next.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course, you will be sent an electronic quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.