Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers
As well as informing you about the risks of working with asbestos, the course will deliver a lot more information about: Recognising asbestos, where it's used, minimising the risks and the legislation about working with asbestos. This course is a variation on the Asbestos Awareness course that contains specific information for designers and architects.
Approved by CPD, RoSPA & IATP - Duration 75 mins* - £35.00
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the risks of asbestos and who could come into contact with it.
- Know the properties of asbestos and the dangers it poses to your health.
- Understand what types of asbestos related illness there are.
- Know the different types of asbestos and where to find them.
- How to avoid asbestos and manage the risks of working with or near asbestos.
- Understand the legislation surrounding asbestos.
- Understand you responsibilities as an architect / designer.
- Understand the legislation related specifically to architects and designers.
- Know the duties you have and should know.
Who should take this course
This course is specifically aimed at architects and designers who will need to consider the impact of asbestos whilst designing.
You do not need to have any previous knowledge or experience to take this course.
|Properties and risk of asbesots exposure
|Different types of asbestos
|Avoiding risk from asbestos
|An outline of asbestos legislation
|ontent for architects and designers
Each module will have a set of questions you must answer correctly in order to successfully finish that module.
You will be asked 25 multiple choice questions and must achieve a pass mark of 100%. They are marked automatically as you progress so you will know whether you have passed the section before moving on to the next.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Our Asbestos Awareness for Architects and Designers course is also apprived by IATP and IIRSM.
On successful completion of the course, you will be sent an electronic quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Approved by RoSPA & IATP - Duration 75 mins* - £35.00