Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Automated external defibrillation is recognised as the single most effective therapy for cardiac arrest in an emergency situation.
From: £58.65pp / £276.25 closed course
Automated external defibrillation is recognised as the single most effective therapy for cardiac arrest in an emergency situation. In addition to comprehensive training, this course will offer advice on: company protocols, purchasing equipment and on-going help and support with training and development.
The candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline.
Suitable for people 18 years and over. This course is designed for workplace candidates and the general public who wish to be trained in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) machine.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive an automated external defibrillation certificate which is valid for 3 years when updated through refresher courses annually.
Maximum course attendance is 12.
Typical Interest Groups
Typical interest is from employers, employees and the general public.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to recognise and deal with:
- Treatment of a conscious or unconscious heart attack
- Demonstrating CPR and discussing the rationale for CPR
- The conditions where AED can be used and what AED does
- Applying the pad in the correct position on a dummy and connecting them to a machine
- Describing the additional items that may be needed to apply pads on people
- Identifying hazards associated with using an AED and what you might encounter
- Demonstrating the correct process for CPR with and AED attached in various scenarios on the machine