Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Teaching delegates basic aspects of dealing with emergencies, with an emphasis on those occurring in the workplace.
From: £68.00pp / £433.50 closed course *Maximum 8 delegates
Teaching delegates basic aspects of dealing with emergencies, with an emphasis on those occurring in the workplace. Learn to handle both ‘life threatening’ situations and to recognise and respond to some more common ailments that may be encountered in the workplace.
1 day – 9:30 to 16:30.
This accredited course does not fully replace the need for the full first aid qualification. It has been designed to supplement those who are fully qualified. It would suit anyone in a work environment, as well as those who simply wish to learn how to carry out Emergency First Aid.
In line with recommendations from the HSE, on completion of the course, delegates will receive an Emergency First Aid at work certificate. This is valid for 3 years and may be updated through annual refresher courses.
Maximum Course attendance is 10
Typical Interest Groups
Any employer, employee or the general public.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to recognise and address:
- Roles and responsibilities of the appointed person
- Roles of the First Aider
- First Aid Principles
- Legal requirements and responsibilities of employers and employees
- First aid kits
- The aims and priorities of first aid
- The emergency action plan
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- The use of an Automated External
- Defibrillator (AED)
- The recovery position
- The modified recovery position
- Administering First Aid to a Casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Carrying out a secondary survey
- First Aid for Minor Injuries
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Haemostatic Dressings