First Aid at Work Re-qualification
The course aims to update and refresh delegates' knowledge who already hold a valid First Aid at Work Qualification.
The course aims to update and refresh delegates' knowledge who already hold a valid First Aid at Work Qualification. It will provide new information and allow them to practice the skills they need to continue to provide effective first aid/handle ‘life threatening’ situations when they are encountered.
2 days – 9:30 to 16:30.
Must hold an in-date First Aid at Work qualification or one that expired within the previous 28 days of attending the course.
The course is designed for people who are required to continue to fill the post of First Aider in the workplace.
After successful attendance a First Aid at Work Requalification certificate valid for a further 3 Years will be issued.
Maximum Course attendance is 10.
Typical Interest Groups
Employers and staff who need to continue to meet the requirements of the HSE (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
On completion of the course, delegates will be updated and more able to recognise and address:
- Priorities of first aid
- Managing an incident
- Roles/ responsibilities of employers & employees for first aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, muscles & joints
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous injuries
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Infection control
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of a casualty
Arion New Build
A project to construct new office space to facilitate business growth part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development