This course raises awareness of the dangers caused when large vehicles reverse; introducing practical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers with this manoeuvre.
This course raises awareness of the dangers caused when large vehicles reverse; introducing practical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers with this manoeuvre. Delegates will also be trained in the necessary skills to assist other drivers and banksmen
This course is suitable for all drivers and banksmen.
On completion of this course delegates will receive a competency certificate.
Maximum Course attendance is 12.
Typical Interest Groups
Any person responsible for assisting in the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Ensure the safe passage of reversing vehicles in confined spaces
- Identify areas of danger within the site
- Demonstrate HSE’s recommended code of signals
- Guide large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the above code of signals to HSE guide notes HSG136 standard
By the end of the course, delegates should have an understanding of:
- Roles and responsibilities of banksman
- Roles and responsibilities of team leader
- Planning the move
- The safe passage of reversing vehicles in confined spaces
- Identification of areas of danger within sites HSE and road transport industry training
- Board recommended code of signals
- Guiding large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the code of signals to HSE guide notes HSG136 standard
- All delegates should be familiar with the latest edition of the Highway Code.
- Delegates should wear suitable clothing, bearing in mind that the practical aspects of this course will be taught outdoors.
- A good-sized area of the yard, that is not in use, must be made available to conduct the training to ensure trainer and delegate safety. This must not involve using a public road.
- A vehicle must be supplied for use during training. We recommend that the type of vehicle supplied is similar to the type the yard is usually in receipt of, but if this is not possible a car can be used as long as the back windows are covered to get a realistic view of bringing a vehicle in safely.
Arion New Build
A project to construct new office space to facilitate business growth part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development