Asbestos Awareness Training
It has been designed for those who may encounter or disturb asbestos whilst carrying out their everyday work
This is an Asbestos Awareness course which conforms to that outlined in regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and in line with further guidance in the Approved Code of Practice. It has been designed for those who may encounter or disturb asbestos whilst carrying out their everyday work
1 Day - 9:30 - 16:30.
This course is suitable for all operators, supervisors and managers who, as part of their working duties, may come into contact with asbestos.
Delegates will receive a certificate of competency upon completion of the course.
Maximum Course attendance is 12.
Typical Interest Groups
General maintenance staff, Electricians, Plumbers, Gas Fitters, Painters and Decorators, Joiners, Plasterers, Construction Workers, Roofers, Heating and Ventilation Engineers, Telecommunications Engineers, Fire and Burglar Alarm Installers, Architects, building surveyors and such, Shop fitters
On completion of the course, delegates will have an overview of:
- Legal requirements and duties of:
- Hazards and risks arising from disturbing asbestos.
- Risk Assessment
- Naming the 3 main types of asbestos
- Listing the diseases caused by exposure to asbestos and understand the increased risk for smokers
- Listing some of the likely uses and locations for asbestos products in buildings
- Knowing how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Explaining the general emergency procedures should asbestos be discovered/disturbed
Arion New Build
A project to construct new office space to facilitate business growth part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development