The course outlines what to expect in a manual handling assessment and enables employees to develop safer manual handling techniques.
From: £58.65pp / £276.25 closed course *Maximum 12 delegates
Manual Handling accidents account for the largest amount of people off work/claims against employers due to no/insufficient training. In 2006/07 9,450,000 work days were lost and the average penalty per conviction by the HSE was £29,997.00. This course works in accordance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 to introduce delegates to hazards and risks involved in manual handling. The course outlines what to expect in a manual handling assessment and enables employees to develop safer manual handling techniques.
This qualification will benefit anyone in the workplace - providing information and essential techniques to protect from injury when moving objects.
After a successful post course assessment, candidates will receive a certificate identifying their learned skills and knowledge. Employees can use the certificate to demonstrate the level of health and safety knowledge they have achieved.
Maximum Course attendance is 12.
Typical Interest Groups
All employers and employees in all working environments.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the manual handling operations regulations through practical application