The Principles of COSHH
This course prepares employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in their workplaces.
From: £58.65pp / £276.25 closed course
This course prepares employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in their workplaces. The course introduces delegates to substances that may be hazardous at work, details the risks and controls available, and outlines what to expect from a control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) assessment.
This course will benefit anyone working with hazardous substances in a workplace. The programme focuses on the information that employees need to know regarding substance hazards and their control.
After a successful post course assessment, delegates will receive a certificate. They can use this certificate to demonstrate the level of health and safety knowledge they have achieved.
Maximum Course attendance is 12.
Typical Interest Groups
All employers and employees in all working environments.
On completion of the course, delegates will have covered the following areas:
- Introduction to COSHH
- The scope of hazardous substances in the workplace
- The range of legislation covering hazardous substances
- How hazardous substances adversely affect health
- Methods of identification for hazardous substances
- Sources of guidance available for the safe use of hazardous substances
- The range of control measures available for the safe use of hazardous substances
- The purpose and content of COSHH assessments
- Health problems
- COSHH assessment