Literacy and skill in the English language is important for mobile access tower users, as delegates must consult, comprehend and fully understand safety notices and the manufacturer’s instruction manual, Delegates will be expected to work at height while building a mobile access tower; so it's imperative that they are in good health and do not fear heights, as these factors may prevent them from undertaking a practical assessment. Delegates must have suitable PPE - shoes and hard hats are mandatory.
Teaching and assessment:
- Classroom-based tutorials
- Practical application of knowledge through a tutor led project on construction of tower scaffold
The assessment is a paired build of tower scaffold, carried out correctly and to relevant standards.
1 day – 9:30 to 16:30.
Nil - although a working knowledge of mobile access towers is an advantage.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a standard certificate, valid for 3 years.
Maximum course attendance is 10, and can be carried out at facility or a venue of your choice.
Typical Interest Groups
This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for assembling, dismantling, moving, inspecting and using mobile access towers.
Delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to dismantle, assemble, inspect and most importantly use mobile access towers safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
t the end of the theory session, delegates will then move onto the practical assessment, where they will have to build a mobile access tower using the 3T method.
The agenda for the course includes:
- Introduction to mobile access towers
- Legal overview – Health & Safety / Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British & European standards
- Guidance & information on tower components, inspection & maintenance
- Tower assembly & dismantle (3T Method)
- Hazards when using mobile access Towers
- Your responsibilities when using mobile access towers
- Practical training & assessment session
Arion New Build
A project to construct new office space to facilitate business growth part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development